Tuesday 30 April 2013

Stand Up Dolls

A really simple way to adapt my work and make it 3D is to make cut outs of my character that can stand up on their own. I have already tried this in an earlier post with my basic character designs, but now I have my character designed for my book I want to try this with her.

I can take this experiment even further by making some of the scenery from the pages using the same technique so children can reinact some scenes using these toys. I can try making cut out dolls of her standing in different positions and in different outfits to follow the story of the book so children can have a card figure for each stage of the story. 



The card I have used to print them on is a bit flimsy and doesn't stand up well or look very good quality, so I think from now on I will print my designs on heavier paper, and experiment with rough paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment