Tuesday 30 April 2013

Bookmarks

Whilst cutting out some of my dolls it gave me the idea of making bookmarks of my character. What better accompaniment to a book than a bookmark? They are ideal items to make to go with a book as they are small, cheap, make ideal gifts to go with a book, and they don't need to be very hardwearing

Rather than making bookmarks that are the standard rectangle shape I thought it would be much more effective to make some that are cut out all around the edges of my character. 



I printed off a sheet of my character designs on thick paper at half the size of the cut out dolls to make them an ideal size for bookmarks, and cut out around them. I then cut a small hole at the top and threaded a small ribbon through and the bookmark was finished. 




Although only small and simple to make, these make sweet little objects that are ideal to accompany a book. They are also easily customisable, as you can make them using almost any design, change the colour of the ribbon, print it double sided to have a design on both sides, or leave the back blank for people to write a message on


No comments:

Post a Comment